Why isn’t my sketch fully defined in Solidworks?
However if you create Sketch Patterns for simple geometry, you may have noticed that it doesn’t fully define the instances, even if you opt to Add Dimensions. In this tech tip we’ll answer the common question: Why is my SOLIDWORKS Sketch Pattern Under Defined? The reason is because the sketch instances can rotate.
How do you make a sketch fully defined in Solidworks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do I make text fully defined in Solidworks?
- Click a face of a part.
- Click Text. …
- In the graphics area, select an edge, curve, sketch, or sketch segment. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Text, type the text to display. …
- Set the properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
- Click .
- With the sketch still open, extrude or cut the text.
What are some reasons that a sketch may not be fully defined?
Missing constraints to the origin. Centers of arcs aligned vertically to origin, mid-point to vertical centerline or driven dimension from origin to one side. This could also use a few mirror/symmetric constraints to cut down the number of dims as well.
Where is under defined sketch in SolidWorks?
Use the “Go To” option to quickly find those under defined sketches. Right click on the feature manager and select “Go to” click start from the top. Type (-) and hit “Find Next.” Keep clicking Find Next to find all the under defined sketches.
How do I move a full defined part in SolidWorks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do I change text sketch in Solidworks?
To edit sketch text:
- In an open sketch, right-click the text (the pointer changes to. when it is over the sketch text) and select Properties.
- Edit the text and its properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
How do I dissolve a sketch text in Solidworks?
If you would prefer the Sketch text to not behave like a block, it can be broken down into its separate sketch entities by right clicking and choosing to “dissolve sketch text.” Dissolving the sketch text will no longer allow you to make changes to the text.