How do you add a centerline in Catia?
Creating Center Lines (Reference)
- Click the Center Line with Reference icon from the Dressup toolbar (Axis and Threads sub-toolbar). …
- Select the circle to be applied a pair of center lines.
- Select the reference line. …
- Click the Center Line with Reference icon from the Dressup toolbar (Axis and Threads sub-toolbar).
How do you show the centerline of a drawing?
- In a drawing document, click Options , Document Properties, Detailing.
- Under Auto insert on view creation, select Centerlines.
- Click OK.
- Insert a drawing view. Centerlines appear automatically in all appropriate features.
What is the symbol for center line?
Text Symbols and Special Characters Reference
|Text symbols and Unicode strings|
What is a Centre line drawing?
2.2 Center lines. Center lines denote a circular feature such as a shaft or a hole. A rectangular feature seen on an elevation of a drawing could be identified either as a circular feature or a rectangular feature. The center line is the method of quickly identifying the shape.
What is centerline in engineering drawing?
What are Centerlines? Centerlines are one of the most frequently used tools in engineering drawing. Their basic purpose is to show circular/cylindrical features in a drawing, which are found in abundance in mechanical parts.
Can you dimension to a centerline?
Dimensions should be given to finished surfaces or between important center lines (not to rough surfaces) wherever possible.
How do I make a drawing from a part in Catia V5?
Creating a New Drawing
- From the menu bar, select Start > Mechanical Design .
- Select the Drafting workbench. …
- Select the views to be automatically created on your drawing from the New Drawing Creation dialog box, for example the Front, Bottom and Right icon.
- Click OK .
How do I create a sketch in Catia V5?
To draw a sketch, you need to invoke the Sketcher workbench in the Part Design workbench or in the Assembly Design workbench. To invoke the Sketcher workbench, choose the Sketch button from the Sketcher toolbar and then select a plane on which you need to draw the sketch.