How do I change view boundaries in SolidWorks?
Resize the drawing view boundary
- Click the view frame.
- Click one of the handles on the view boundary.
- Drag the handles along the x or y axis of the view. When the view boundary changes size, the view frame adjusts with the new boundary size.
How do I change the view style in SolidWorks?
Display style for new views
Click Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings > Display Style.
How do I change the view size in SolidWorks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you make a bounding box in SolidWorks?
To create a bounding box and view its properties: In a part document, click Bounding Box (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Bounding Box. In the Bounding Box PropertyManager, leave Best Fit selected and click . The software automatically calculates the bounding box for the part as shown.
How do you change the display state of a part in assembly in Solidworks?
In the Open dialog box, you can select a display state while opening an assembly.
To change the display state mode:
- Right-click a display state and click Properties.
- In the Display State Properties PropertyManager, under Advanced Options, select or clear Link display states to configurations.
- Click .
What are the display styles in Solidworks?
Wireframe – Displays all edges. Hidden lines visible – Displays visible and hidden edges as specified in Line Font Options. Hidden lines removed – Displays only edges that are visible at the chosen angle; obscured lines are removed. Shaded with edges – Displays items in shaded mode with hidden lines removed.
How do you change increments in SOLIDWORKS?
Adjust SOLIDWORKS Spin Box Increment Locally
By double-clicking on the dimension, the dimension modify window pops up. The “Reset spin increment value” button is used to preset values to increment or decrement dimensions.
How do you change standard dimensioning in SOLIDWORKS?
In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates.
- Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
- Dimension standard for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing.
How do I change dimension units in SOLIDWORKS?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
What is the use of bounding box in Solidworks?
With a bounding box, you can determine the length, width, and height of the stock required for the body.
Where is the bounding box area in solidworks sheet metal?
The bounding box is represented by a sketch when you flatten the sheet metal part and is located in the FeatureManager design tree under Flat-Pattern .
Sheet Metal Properties.
|Bounding Box Length||Longest side of the bounding box|
|Bounding Box Area||Bounding box length x Bounding box width|
How do I edit a custom property in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.