What is difference between erase and trim in AutoCAD?
As verbs the difference between trim and erase
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
Why can I not trim a hatch in AutoCAD?
6/1/2016 · A hatch can be associative or not. The associative kind is “associated” with a border that you define by object(s), and you can trim it. The other kind is defined by a pick point, and you cannot trim it.
Why do we use TRIM in AutoCAD?
The Trim command in AutoCAD is used to remove the objects, which meet the edges of other objects. It is used to remove extra lines or extra parts of an object.
What is the command for starting Multileader tool?
Click the Multileader tool button ( ) on the Dimensions toolbar. Choose Multileader in the Dimensions menu. Type multileader in the command bar, then press Enter.
What are disadvantages of AutoCAD?
Following are disadvantages of AutoCAD :
- Line – As AutoCAD produces drawings with help of line and shape tools and curves, arcs and straight lines helps in producing shapes. …
- Limited File Formats – As it is leading CAD, it limits number of file formats it can import or export. …
- Color, Fill and Texture – …
- Non-Parametric –
What is the difference between trim and delete?
TRIM removes one or more elements from the END of a collection, whereas DELETE will remove the element(s) you specify anywhere in the collection. TRIM frees the space for removed elements and DELETE does not ( unless you DELETE ALL elements that is ).
What does AutoCAD stand for?
it is comprised of 2 words Auto and CAD. AUTO stands here for AUTODESK ,an american company (parent company of autocad) CAD stands here for computer aided drafting or design as this software is used mainly for drafting but also has some designing features.
How do you erase in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.