How do you trim edges in SolidWorks?
To trim a surface: Create two or more surfaces that intersect at one or more points, or create a surface that intersects with a plane or has a sketch on its face. Click Trim Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Trim.
What is TRIM command in SolidWorks?
You can use Power trim to trim multiple, adjacent sketch entities by dragging the pointer across each sketch entity.
How do you delete part of a line in SolidWorks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
What is the function of trim entities in SolidWorks?
Trims open sketch entities that lie inside two bounding entities. Trims open sketch entities outside of two bounding entities. You can use the Trim PropertyManager to select a trim type and control other trimming options.
How do you cut intersecting parts in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
How do you cut a part in assembly in SolidWorks?
- In the assembly, click Edit Component for the part to be cut.
- Insert – Feature – Cavity.
- Select the part that you wish to do the cutting with.
- Hide the cutting tool if necessary. You can’t suppress or delete it, as the cavity feature is referencing it.
How do you cut a shape in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you make a circular pattern in Solidworks?
To create circular sketch patterns:
- In an open sketch, click Circular Sketch Pattern (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Circular Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Under Parameters: Click Reverse direction . …
- Click .
How can you remove unwanted lines on a drawing?
Removing Unwanted Lines from your Autodesk Inventor Sketch
- Go to sketch tab.
- Select Trim.
- Click on the lines that you want to remove.
How do I delete part of a line in Solid Edge?
You can delete a relationship as you would delete any other element by selecting a relationship handle, then press the Delete key on the keyboard. Driving dimensions are relationships that allow you to maintain characteristics such as the size, orientation, and position of elements.
How do you trim a 3D object in Solidworks?
To trim a 3D sketch:
- Start the 3D sketch on a 2D plane.
- Then do either of the following: Right-click and select 3D sketch on a plane. Double-click a plane or sketch entity. You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside. Trim away outside. Trim to closest.
How do you offset entities in Solidworks?
In an open sketch, select one or more sketch entities, a model face, or a model edge. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Offset Entities. Set the properties in the Offset Entities PropertyManager. When you click in the graphics area, the offset entity is complete.
How do you use smart dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…