In the right pane, select Save As from the drop-down list. In the Save As dialog box, specify the location to save the new customization file to and enter a name in the File Name box.
How do I copy a CUI file in AutoCAD?
Copy the CUIX file to the default location for the new AutoCAD version. Open the target version of AutoCAD. Enter CUI at the command line.
- Expand the Workspaces header.
- Left-click and drag the workspace(s) to the menu under the Customizations in Main File header.
- Click Apply and OK to close the dialog box.
Where are AutoCAD CUI files saved?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
How do I save my workspace in AutoCAD?
To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following:
- On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.
- In Options under the Profile tab, verify the correct profile is enabled.
How do I use CUI in AutoCAD?
About the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor
- Customize. The Customize tab allows you to create and manage the commands and elements that make up many of the features in the user interface.
- Transfer. The Transfer tab allows you to create and save a CUIx file, and copy user interface elements between CUIx files.
What is a CUI file?
Files with the CUI extension are definition files for AutoCAD menus (since version 2006). These XML format files replace the original MNU, MNS, MNC menu definition files (MNR and MNL remain unchanged).
How do I open CUI files?
To load a main CUI file
- Click the Load Menu tool button ( ) on the Tools toolbar.
- Choose Load Menu in the Tools menu.
- Type menu in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Open the Customize dialog, then click the Browse button.
- Open the Customize dialog, then choose Load main CUI file … in the File menu.
How do I save a CUIx file?
Create a Customization (CUIx) File from Scratch
- In the Transfer tab, in the right pane, click the Create a New Customization File button.
- In the right pane, select Save As from the drop-down list.
- In the Save As dialog box, specify the location to save the new customization file to and enter a name in the File Name box.
Can you transfer AutoCAD from one computer to another?
How to transfer Autocad from one computer to another. Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers. … Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer. Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
How do I import a custom file into AutoCAD?
Load a Partial Customization (CUIx) File Using CUILOAD
- At the Command prompt, enter cuiload and press Enter.
- In the Load/Unload Customizations dialog box, click Browse.
- In the Select Customization File dialog box, browse to and select the partial CUIx file you want to load. Click Open.
- Click Load and then click Close.
How do I save workspace?
To save all of the workspace variables using the Workspace browser, From the File menu, select Save Workspace As, or click the Save button in the Workspace browser toolbar.
How do I change the Save Settings in AutoCAD?
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply. To save the settings and close the dialog box, click OK.
What is AutoCAD workspace?
Workspaces are sets of menus, toolbars, palettes, and ribbon control panels that are grouped and organized so that you can work in a custom, task-oriented drawing environment. … The following task-based workspaces are already defined in the product: 2D Drafting & Annotation. AutoCAD Classic.
What are the benefits of using AutoCAD?
8 Advantages of AutoCAD
- Draw to Scale. One of the main benefits of AutoCAD is that it allows you to draw to scale. …
- Easy Layout and Viewing. …
- Draw Accurately. …
- Make Changes Easily and Reduce Risk of Error. …
- Identify Design Problems. …
- Calculate Material Quantities for Production. …
- Store and Transfer Data Safely. …
- Save Time and Money.
How do I customize AutoCAD?
Set a Workspace Current
- Click Manage tab Customization panel User Interface. Find.
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Workspaces node to expand it.
- Right-click the workspace you want to set current. Click Set Current.
- Click Apply.
What is the meaning of UI in AutoCAD?
user interface elements