How do you put a viewport on top of another viewport?
Now you can choose “view..viewports.. object” and select the region. This should create a viewport with a hole in the middle. Once that is done, you can just create another viewport in the hole, and your drawing should look like you have one viewport on top of another.
How do I use multiple viewports in AutoCAD?
To Automatically Set Up Multiple Viewports on a Layout
- Click a layout tab.
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, select a viewport from the standard viewports list.
- Under Setup, select either 2D or 3D. …
- Under Viewport Style, select the style to apply style to the viewports.
- To change a view, select a viewport in the preview image.
How do you use viewports in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
- Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How many viewports can be displayed in AutoCAD?
How do you hide a viewport frame in Autocad?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I mask a viewport in Autocad?
In MODEL SPACE place a wipeout behind all of the objects in the drawing. Now in paper space your viewports will all have a mask. Use “draworder” on the viewports to control which one is masked.
What are viewports in AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do I change the viewport shape in AutoCAD?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How many tiled viewports are in a new drawing?
Tiled viewports are for drawing and editing. Only one tiled viewport can be active at a time.
Can a polyline be left open?
A polyline can be open or closed.
How do you make a viewport?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
What is the purpose of viewports?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
How many maximum number of viewports can be created in Autocad graphics window?
Which of the following tools can be used to switch to the temporary model space?
To switch between Model Space and Paper Space Layouts use the Model and Layout tabs at the bottom of the drawing window. When working in a layout, use the MSPACE and PSPACE commands to toggle between paper space and model space.