How do I edit a group in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
Where is the Group tool in Revit?
Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK. Revit enters group edit mode.
How do you ungroup in Revit 2020?
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
How do I create a group in Revit?
You can place model groups, detail groups, and attached detail groups in the drawing area. On the ribbon, click (Place Model Group).
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Detail Group drop-down (Place Detail Group).
- In the Type Selector, select the detail group type to place.
- Click in the drawing area to place the group.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. For example, if your original group was called Group 1, the new group would be Group 2. You can rename the group as necessary.
How do I turn off model groups in Revit?
In the drawing area, select a model group that has an attached detail group, or groups. Click Modify | Model Groups tab Group panel (Attached Detail Groups). In the Attached Detail Group Placement dialog, select or clear check boxes to show or hide the attached detail group. Click OK.
Can I group objects in Revit?
Create a group by selecting elements or existing groups, and using the Create Group tool. In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group. Click Modify | Multi-Select tab Create panel (Create Group). … In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group.
What does the group Tool do in Revit?
First, we’ll explore what Revit groups can do. Groups are a tool inside of Revit which allow you to select different families inside your model and group them together. Then, you can pull this group and place multiple groups in different areas.
Can you tag groups in Revit?
Groups in Revit are easily created. Select the model and annotation geometry you want to include in the group. … When the Revit Group Dialogue menu opens Name Both your Model Group and Attached Detail Group. Press OK.
How do you explode in Revit?
You can explode imported solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment.
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do you ungroup elements?
Ungroup shapes, pictures, or objects
- To ungroup shapes or other objects, under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click Group. , and then click Ungroup.
- To ungroup pictures, under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Arrange group, click. , and then click Ungroup.
How do I ungroup multiple groups?
For ungrouping multiple groups, “classicgroup” can be typed at command prompt. In the dialog box, by selecting the desired group one at a time and clicking “Explode” will ungroup.
How do you scale a group in Revit?
Select the elements to scale, click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Scale), and press Enter . Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
How do Revit Worksets work?
When you make a workset editable in Revit, you are taking exclusive ownership of all objects in it. Only one user can exclusively edit each workset at a given time. All team members can view worksets owned by other team members, but they cannot always make changes to them.
How do you copy a group model in Revit?
Duplicate Group Types
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.