How do I change my section plane?
To Change the Current Section Plane
- Click Sectioning Tools tab Mode panel Planes .
- Click the Current Plane drop-down on the Planes Settings panel, and select the plane you want to make current, for example, Plane 2. The selected plane is now visible (light blue wireframe), and can be manipulated.
How do I select a section plane in Sketchup?
To add a section plane, follow these steps:
- Choose Tools, Section Plane to activate the Section Plane tool. …
- Move the Section Plane tool around your model. …
- After you figure out where you want to cut, click once to add a section plane. …
- Choose the Move tool.
How do I delete a section plane?
Re: Deleting Section Plane
From the picture, it seems to be inside a group/component. You should edit it to be able to select/delete the section plane.
How do you delete a section plane in SketchUp?
This plugin does that for you in just 2 click: Edit > Delete Sections.
How do I hide the section plane in SketchUp?
Re: show/hide a section plane in a scene
Go to Window>Preferences>General and make sure the box is ticked for “Warn of style changes when creating scenes.” When you create a new scene this box should pop up. Select the first option. This will add a new style to the In Model Styles library.
How are cutting planes section planes drawn?
Also, no hidden lines are drawn and all visible surfaces and edges behind the cutting plane are drawn as object lines. All the surfaces touched by the cutting plane are marked with section lines. Because all the surfaces are the same part, the section lines are identical and are drawn in the same direction.
What is a section cut?
A section view is a view used on a drawing to show an area or hidden part of an object by cutting away or removing some of that object. The cut line is called a “cutting plane”, and can be done in several ways.
What’s a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.