How do you separate parts in SolidWorks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
How do you subtract a part from another part in SolidWorks assembly?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you remove a part from assembly in SolidWorks?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you explode parts in SolidWorks?
To create an exploded view:
- Click Exploded View. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Exploded View.
- Select one or more solid bodies to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a triad arm to explode the solid bodies. …
- Under Settings, click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as needed, then click .
How do you delete something in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do you dissolve a feature in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a subassembly or Ctrl + select multiple assemblies and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.
How do you delete bodies in Solidworks?
- Click Delete/Keep Body on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body.
- In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies.
- For Bodies to keep or Bodies to delete, select bodies in the graphics area or from the Solid Bodies folder for Solid/Surface Bodies to Delete/Keep .
What kind of assembly drawing is used to show the relationship between the separated parts?
An exploded view drawing is a diagram, picture, schematic or technical drawing of an object, that shows the relationship or order of assembly of various parts. It shows the components of an object slightly separated by distance, or suspended in surrounding space in the case of a three-dimensional exploded diagram.
How do you make an exploded assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you undo an Exploded View in Solidworks?
You can toggle between the exploded and collapsed views.
- In the Manager Pane, on the ConfigurationManager tab. , expand Default
- Double-click ExplView, or right-click it and click Collapse.
- To return to the exploded view, double-click ExplView again, or right-click it and click Explode.