How do I create a new family in Revit?
Create a Family from a Template
- Click File tab New Family. …
- Optionally, to preview a template, select it. …
- Select the family template that you want to use, and click Open. …
- In the Project Browser, notice the list of family views. …
- Click File tab Save As Family.
Where is Family Editor in Revit 2021?
The method you use for opening the Family Editor depends on what you want to do. Do one of the following: Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |
How do I make an editable family in Revit?
Modify Families in a Project (or Nested Family)
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify
tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit.
How do you make a family Parametric in Revit?
Basics of Creating Parametric Revit Families
You need to choose the correct template from the onset and assign categories and sub-categories accordingly. After the template, you need to draw reference planes and add dimensions and labels on them. Thereafter, add parameters and test them.