How do you flex bend in SolidWorks?
To create Flex features, click Flex (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Flex, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
You can create four types of flexes:
How do you change the trim plane in SolidWorks?
Repositioning the trim planes or triad allows you to select local regions of the model to stretch. To move the trim planes, move the pointer over a trim plane to display the pointer, then drag the plane. You can also set the Stretch distance in the PropertyManager.
How do I flex an assembly in Solidworks?
To make a subassembly flexible: Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties . In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK.
How do you bend a plane in Solidworks?
To create a sketched bend feature:
- Sketch a line on a planar face of the sheet metal part. …
- Click Sketched Bend. …
- In the graphics area, select a face that does not move as a result of the bend for Fixed Face .
- Click a Bend position of Bend Centerline , Material Inside , Material Outside , or Bend Outside .
How do you curve a part in Solidworks?
To project a curve:
- Click Project Curve. on the Curves toolbar, or Insert > Curve > Projected.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections, set Projection type to one of the following: Sketch on faces. Use this selection to project a sketched curve onto a model face. Under Sketch to Project. …
- Click .
How do I use the Deform tool in Solidworks?
To open the Deform PropertyManager with Surface Push options:
- Click Deform. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Deform.
- In the PropertyManager, under Deform Type, select Surface Push.
How do I stretch a 3D part in Solidworks?
Stretching Sketch Entities
- Click Base point. and then click on the sketch to set a base point.
- Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do you expand a body in Solidworks?
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges . For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge. …
- Click .
Can you create a bend in SolidWorks?
To create a sketched bend feature: Sketch a line on a planar face of the sheet metal part. Alternatively, you can select the sketched bend feature before you create a sketch (but after you select a plane). When you select the sketched bend feature, a sketch opens on the plane.
Can you bend parts in SolidWorks?
The Bends PropertyManager allows you to convert a shelled part to a sheet metal part. To use the Bends PropertyManager to convert a part to sheet metal: Click Insert Bends (Sheet Metal toolbar) or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Bends.