Enter CUI on the command line to open the Customize User Interface dialog box. On the Transfer tab, in the right panel, open the newly created CUI file. Select the workspace you want to import and drag the workspace into the Workspaces section of the Main CUI file in the left panel.
How do I use CUI in AutoCAD?
About the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor
- Customize. The Customize tab allows you to create and manage the commands and elements that make up many of the features in the user interface.
- Transfer. The Transfer tab allows you to create and save a CUIx file, and copy user interface elements between CUIx files.
Where are AutoCAD CUI files saved?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
How do I add a workspace in AutoCAD?
Create and Customize a Workspace
- Click Manage tab Customization panel User Interface. …
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, right-click the Workspaces node and click New Workspace. …
- Right-click Workspace1. …
- In the Workspace Contents pane, click Customize Workspace.
What is a CUI file?
Files with the CUI extension are definition files for AutoCAD menus (since version 2006). These XML format files replace the original MNU, MNS, MNC menu definition files (MNR and MNL remain unchanged).
What are the benefits of using AutoCAD?
8 Advantages of AutoCAD
- Draw to Scale. One of the main benefits of AutoCAD is that it allows you to draw to scale. …
- Easy Layout and Viewing. …
- Draw Accurately. …
- Make Changes Easily and Reduce Risk of Error. …
- Identify Design Problems. …
- Calculate Material Quantities for Production. …
- Store and Transfer Data Safely. …
- Save Time and Money.
What is the meaning of UI in AutoCAD?
user interface elements
How do I copy a CUI file in AutoCAD?
Copy the CUIX file to the default location for the new AutoCAD version. Open the target version of AutoCAD. Enter CUI at the command line.
- Expand the Workspaces header.
- Left-click and drag the workspace(s) to the menu under the Customizations in Main File header.
- Click Apply and OK to close the dialog box.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.
How do I move AutoCAD from one computer to another?
How to transfer Autocad from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers. …
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- If you’d like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu.
How do you increase area in AutoCAD?
Toggle the display of the menu bar, status bar, and command window when you want to expand the size of the drawing area (Ctrl + 0).
How do I customize my toolbar in AutoCAD?
Change Properties of a Toolbar
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Toolbars node to expand it. …
- Select the toolbar whose properties you want to change.
- In the Properties pane, make your changes.
- Click Apply.
How do I import a profile into AutoCAD?
In the AutoCAD application window, click the Application Menu button and then click Options. 3. In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, click Import.
How do I open CUI files?
To load a main CUI file
- Click the Load Menu tool button ( ) on the Tools toolbar.
- Choose Load Menu in the Tools menu.
- Type menu in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Open the Customize dialog, then click the Browse button.
- Open the Customize dialog, then choose Load main CUI file … in the File menu.
How do I edit Cui in AutoCAD?
To Transfer Custom Settings Using the CUI Editor
- Click Manage tab Customization panel Import. …
- In the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor, Transfer tab, in the left pane, click the Open Customization File button.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to and select the customization file (MNU, MNS, CUI, or CUIx) from which you want to transfer user interface elements from.