How do you add a toolbar tool in SOLIDWORKS?
To add tool buttons to toolbars:
- With a document open, click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize. …
- On the Commands tab, select a category. …
- Under Buttons, drag a tool button to any toolbar.
How do I dock command manager in SOLIDWORKS?
To dock the CommandManager when it is floating, do one of the following:
- While dragging the CommandManager on the SOLIDWORKS window, move the pointer over a docking icon: Dock above. Dock left. Dock right.
- Double-click the floating CommandManager to revert to the last docking position.
Does SOLIDWORKS have a command line?
The command line appears at the bottom of the screen when you open a document. To turn off the emulator, click Tools > Add-Ins , and clear the SolidWorks 2D Emulator check box. While in a SolidWorks document with the 2D Emulator active, you can display or hide the command line.
How do you make a command in SOLIDWORKS?
To locate a command in the SOLIDWORKS user interface, hover over the command in the results list and click Show Command Location . To run a command, click the command, or highlight the command and press Enter.
Where is toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I drag a toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
To move a toolbar: Drag the toolbar by the handle at the start of the toolbar: Toward a different location in the window border or a different window border. Away from the window border to float the toolbar in the graphics area.
What is the SolidWorks Command Manager?
The CommandManager is a context-sensitive toolbar that dynamically updates based on the toolbar you want to access. By default, it has toolbars embedded in it based on the document type. When you click a tab below the CommandManager, it updates to show that toolbar.
Where is the command manager in SolidWorks located?
Accessing the CommandManager
Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager. Click OK.
How do I fix a SolidWorks toolbar?
Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar.
How do I change the toolbar in SolidWorks?
- Open a part, assembly, or drawing document.
- Click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display, and clear the toolbars to hide. …
- To enable the CommandManager, select Enable CommandManager. …
- Click OK.
What are the tools in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
What is the standard views toolbar SolidWorks?
The Standard Views toolbar provides tools to: Orient the part, assembly, or sketch in one of the preset standard views. View the model or drawing through one, two, or four viewports.
How do you customize in SOLIDWORKS?
Easy—customize it! Customization makes SOLIDWORKS work just the way you want.
2. Shortcut Bars (The S-Key)
- Enter “customization mode” (See tip 1 above).
- Search for commands (New to SOLIDWORKS 2021).
- Drag and drop the command to add it to the shortcut bar.
How do you add a sheet metal tab in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a tab feature in a sheet metal part:
- Create a sketch on a plane or planar face that meets the sheet metal tab requirements.
- Click Base Flange/Tab. on the Sheet Metal toolbar, or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Base Flange . The tab is added to the sheet metal part.