How do you expand a line in SolidWorks?
on the Sketch toolbar, or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Extend. Move the pointer over the sketch entity to extend. A preview appears in the direction to extend the entity. If the preview extends in the wrong direction, move the pointer to the other half of the line or arc.
How do you scale a line in SolidWorks?
To scale a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box, under Scale About, select one of the following: Option. Description. Sketch origin. …
- Type a value for Factor, and press Enter. You cannot scale a sketch that has external references.
- Click Close.
How do you use the line command in SolidWorks?
You can activate the 2D Command Line Emulator by clicking Tools > Add-Ins and selecting SolidWorks 2D Emulator from the list of add-ins. The command line appears at the bottom of the screen when you open a document. To turn off the emulator, click Tools > Add-Ins , and clear the SolidWorks 2D Emulator check box.
How do you break a line segment in SolidWorks?
To split a sketch entity:
- In an open sketch, click Split Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities . …
- Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
When creating a 3D sketch what button on the keyboard is used to change the active orientation of sketch plane?
The origin of the current sketch plane is displayed. You can also create 3D sketches using a 3D sketch plane. To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the desired sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.
How do I stretch a sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
Stretching Sketch Entities
- Click Base point. and then click on the sketch to set a base point.
- Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do I change the scale view in SOLIDWORKS?
You can use a system option to control the scaling of new views. In Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings, select or clear Automatically scale new drawing views. When selected, new views are scaled to best fit on the drawing sheet, and the scale of the drawing sheet becomes the same as the scale of the views.
How do you resize a drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
You can change the scale of a drawing sheet by selecting a scale from a predefined list or specifying a custom scale. To change the scale of an existing drawing sheet: In the status bar, click Sheet Scale and click a scale. If there are annotations in the drawing sheet, specify options in the dialog box and click OK.
How do I turn on sketch lines in Solidworks?
on the Sketch toolbar, or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Line. In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: As sketched.
What are the tools in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
What is split line SolidWorks?
The Split Line. tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces. You can split curves on multiple bodies with one command.