How do I open an animation in Solidworks?
You can create an animation by dragging the time bar along the timeline to a point in time, and then moving a component to a target location. The MotionManager moves the component from its initial position to the position that you designate at a specified time.
How do I import a motion load in Solidworks?
To import motion loads from SOLIDWORKS Motion database:
- Click Simulation > Import Motion Loads.
- Select assembly component(s). …
- Select Single Frame Study or Multiple Frame Study (Design Scenarios). …
- Click OK. …
- To evaluate results for a component, open the part document of the component.
How do you activate solidworks motion add in?
To activate SOLIDWORKS add-ins:
- Click the SOLIDWORKS Add-Ins tab of the CommandManager.
- Select the add-in to load or unload. The additional functionality appears throughout the product user interface. The SOLIDWORKS Add-Ins tab contains some commands for the ScanTo3D and Toolbox add-ins.
How does solidworks motion work?
The motion simulation program uses material properties from the CAD parts to define inertial properties of mechanism components, and translates CAD assembly mating conditions into kinematic joints. It then auto- matically formulates equations that describe the mechanism motion.
What is the difference between animation and basic motion in Solidworks?
Animations use interpolation to define the motion of components between these key points. In basic motion studies, on the other hand, mass, inertia, component interaction and gravity are taken into account and the motion is calculated. The position of components is determined by the physics of the situation.
How do I make a GIF with Solidworks?
How to save your animations as GIFs in SolidWorks
- Step 1: Save the animation. After making your animation, click on Save Animation.
- Step 2: Adjust the Settings. If you want your GIF to be rendered, choose PhotoView 360 as your renderer. …
- Step 3: Save the GIF. Now open PhotoScape, then choose Animated GIF.
How do I create a motion analysis in Solidworks?
You may right-click on the Motion Study tab to Create New Motion Studies. At the left upper corner side of the the MotionManager toolbar, pull-down and select Motion Analysis for the Type of Study.
How do I add SOLIDWORKS premium addons?
You can load SOLIDWORKS add-ins from the SOLIDWORKS Add-Ins tab of the CommandManager.
- Click Tools > Add-Ins.
- Select or clear applications under Active Add-ins or under Start Up. …
- Click OK.
What is motion study solidworks?
Motion studies are graphical simulations of motion for assembly models. You can incorporate visual properties such as lighting and camera perspective into a motion study. Motion studies do not change an assembly model or its properties. They simulate and animate the motion you prescribe for a model.
How do I add a motor in Solidworks?
To use a motor in a motion study:
- Create or edit the motion study.
- Click Motor (MotionManager toolbar).
- Edit the properties in the Motor PropertyManager.