How do I create a custom Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
To add SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Custom Parts, expand the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane on the right-hand side of the screen. Expand Toolbox and select one of the folders. Any folder will do it. As shown below, right-click on an empty space under that folder items and select “Configure…”.
How do I add custom parts to Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
To add a part to the Toolbox library. from the Customize Toolbox page of Toolbox Settings, right-click a folder, and click Add File. Search ‘Adding Content to the Toolbox Library’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I convert Toolbox to part in SOLIDWORKS?
To replace Toolbox components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the components to replace.
- Right-click and click Edit Toolbox Component.
- In the PropertyManager, under Replace Component, click Change Fastener Type.
- In the dialog box, select the replacement component and click OK.
How do you create parts in SOLIDWORKS?
Creating a Part in an Assembly
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- Enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
- Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.
How do I make a Toolbox?
Creating a toolbox
- In the Catalog window, navigate to the folder or geodatabase where you want the toolbox to be created.
- Right-click the folder or geodatabase and click New > Toolbox. The default name of the toolbox (Toolbox. tbx or Toolbox) will be highlighted, and you can enter the name for your toolbox.
How do I add components to my Toolbox?
Right-click anywhere on the toolbox and select “Choose Items… ” to open the Choose Toolbox Items dialog box. Scroll through the list, and select the check boxes corresponding to the Ultimate UI for Windows Forms controls and components that you want to add to the toolbox. Click OK.
How do I enable Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
From the SOLIDWORKS menu, click Tools > Add-Ins . In the Add-Ins dialog box, under Active Add-ins and Start Up, select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Utilities, SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library, or both. You can also activate the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library add-in by clicking Add in now in the Toolbox Design Library task pane. Click OK.
How do I add parts to a Library in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Add to Library on the Task Pane Design Library tab. Right-click an item in the FeatureManager design tree and select Add to Library. Drag an item from the FeatureManager design tree into the lower pane of the Design Library. Drag an item from the graphics area into the lower pane of the Design Library.
How do I download a Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
Welcome to Toolbox Setup
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Options > Hole Wizard/Toolbox > Configure .
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- When Toolbox is loaded and a document is open in SOLIDWORKS, click Toolbox > Configure.
How do I import bolts in Solidworks?
Smart Fasteners are added based on the Files options in the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox – User Settings dialog box. You can add fasteners to an assembly as a configuration of an existing part or as a copy of an existing part.
Smart Fasteners Overview
- Click Tools > Add-ins.
- Select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library.
- Click OK.
What is Toolbox in Solidworks?
The Toolbox is a collection of several powerful tools built into SolidWorks; it can increase productivity and decrease the time required to complete a design. The Toolbox contains a vast library of standard hardware components that can easily be dropped into a design at any point.
How do I break a Toolbox link in Solidworks?
Here’s how to permanently break that link and dissociate it from the original file.
- Save Your Part. Before making any changes to the part, we need to save it. …
- Run the SOLIDWORKS Executable “sldsetdocprop.exe” …
- Change the Property State to “No” …
- Update the Status. …
- Verify That it Worked.
How do I create an assembly part in Solidworks?
To create an assembly from a part:
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.
How do I add parts to assembly in Solidworks?
Right-click the component and click Insert Into Assembly. You can populate one or more holes in the assembly by preselecting the circular edges of the holes and then using Insert Into Assembly. If you do not preselect a hole, the part is placed at the assembly origin.
How do you make a derived part in Solidworks?
To create a derived part from an assembly component:
- In an assembly document, select a component.
- Click File > Derive Component Part. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the seed component to be included in the derived part.