Note: A quick way to delete all unnecessary objects from your drawing file is to hit CTRL+A (select all), then hold down the Shift key whilst de-selecting what you want to keep. now hit delete.
How do I delete a block in AutoCAD 2018?
To Remove a Block Definition
- Click Applicationbutton Drawing Utilities Purge. The Purge dialog box displays a tree view of named objects that can be purged.
- To purge blocks, use one of the following methods: …
- You are prompted to confirm each item in the list. …
- Click Purge. …
- Select more items to purge, or click Close.
How do you exit Edit blocks in AutoCAD?
Right-click on the block and select Edit Block In-Place. Use the command REFEDIT to open the in-place block editor for a selected block. After editing, use the REFCLOSE command to close it.
How do I delete unused scales in AutoCAD?
Window select all scales, hit the delete option. All unused scales are removed.
How do I unblock AutoCAD?
To change the setting for an existing block so that it can be exploded:
- Open the block in the Block Editor.
- In the Block Editor, make sure nothing is selected.
- In the Properties palette(Ctrl+1), under Block, select the Allow Exploding option.
- From the drop-down list, select Yes.
How do you change the size of blocks in CAD?
- Using the Select Objects tool click on the CAD block to select it, then click the Open Object. edit button.
- On the General panel of the CAD Block Specification dialog: Specify both the Height Factor and Width Factor as 1 in the Size section. Click OK to close the dialog and apply your change.
How do I change the annotation scale in AutoCAD 2018?
- Enter QVDRAWING on the command line.
- The Quick view model and layout thumbnails are displayed.
- Click the Model thumbnail.
- On the status bar, click the Annotation Scale drop-down list and select the scale to set current.