What program will open a STEP file?
Common CAD software tools that support STEP files include AutoCAD, Fusion, SolidWorks, OnShape, PTC Creo, CATIA and ArchiCAD. A major reason for its popularity as a data exchange format is that it is an official international standard.
WHAT IS STEP file in AutoCAD?
STP is the short name of Standard for the Exchange of Product model data . A STP file also called an STEP-Physical file and P-21 file. STP is a file format. It is basically used by CAD tool. These files are used to save 3D image data in ASCII format.
What file types can be imported into AutoCAD?
Supported CAD File FormatsFormatExtensionFile Format VersionAutoCAD.dwg, .dxfUp to AutoCAD 2017MicroStation (SE, J, V8 & XM).dgn .prp .prwv7, v83D Studio.3ds .prjUp to Autodesk 3ds Max 2017ACIS SAT.sat .sabAll ASM SAT. Up to ACIS SAT v7Ещё 23 строки
Can I open a STEP file in AutoCAD?
Do the following from within AutoCAD: Type IMPORT in the command line. Locate the folder containing the STEP file. Select the file and click OK.
Can I open a STEP file in SolidWorks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
How do I convert STEP files?
How to convert STEP files to STL online?
- Upload STEP-file. Click “Choose File” button to select a step file on your computer. STEP file size can be up to 50 Mb.
- Convert STEP to STL. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
- Download your STL. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the STL file.
How do I convert DWG to STP?
To Export the Current Drawing to an Step File (AutoCAD Mechanical…
- At the Command prompt, enter STEPOUT.
- In the STEPOUT Translation dialog box, in the Files of type box, select *. ste,*. stp, or *. step.
- In the File Name box, specify the name of the STEP file.
- Click Save.
How do I view a step file?
Most of them are free and can be easily downloaded from the web, such is the case of STP viewer for Windows (https://stpviewer.com/), which is suitable for opening STEP, STP files and many other types of 3D modeling files. To open STEP file, just have the appropriate software installed, either paid or free.
Can AutoCAD open DXF files?
In the Select File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select DXF (*. dxf). Find and select the DXF file you want to import, or enter the name of the DXF file at File Name. Click Open.
How do I open a DWG file?
You can either use Autodesk DWG online viewer or download DWG TrueView. Autodesk DWG online viewer is available at https://viewer.autodesk.com/ – it can import DWG, STEP, RVT and Solidworks files and show it in your browser.
What files can NavisWorks import?
Formats natively supported include:
- NavisWorks – . nwd, . nwf, . …
- AutoCAD Drawing – . dwg, . dxf (up to AutoCAD 2018)
- MicroStation (SE, J, V8, & XM) – . dgn, . …
- 3D Studio Max – . 3ds, . …
- ACIS SAT – . sat, . …
- DWF – . dwf, . …
- CATIA – . model, session, . …
- IFC – . ifc (IFC2X_PLATFORM, IFC2X_FINAL, IFC2X2_FINAL, IFC2X3, IFC4)
Can Revit open a STEP file?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
How do I open a 3d file in AutoCAD?
- Click Insert tab Import panel Import. Find.
- In the Import File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select the file type corresponding to the 3D model file you want to import.
- Find and select the file you want to import, or enter the name of the file at File Name.
- Click Open. …
- Click OK.