How do I edit a sub assembly in Solidworks?
Modifying a Subassembly
You can edit the assembly structure by moving components up or down in the hierarchy, or to a different branch of the hierarchy. There are two ways to do this: Drag and drop the components to move them from one assembly to another. Click Tools > Reorganize Components.
How do I change assembly configuration in Solidworks?
To configure a component:
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Configure Component .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new assembly configurations. Change the component configuration used in each assembly configuration.
How do you use sub assembly in Solidworks?
To insert a new subassembly: Do one of the following: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click either the top-level assembly icon or the icon for an existing subassembly, and select Insert New Subassembly. Click New Assembly (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Assembly.
How do you Unfix a component in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I move multiple parts in a Solidworks assembly?
To move components in the FeatureManager design tree: In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
How do I add multiple parts to a Solidworks assembly?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
What are breadcrumbs in Solidworks?
Selection breadcrumbs are a context-based view of the current selection. They show related elements in the hierarchical tree for parts and assemblies. You can select an item in the graphics area and refine that selection through the context-based representation of the item by using breadcrumbs.
Which type of mate Cannot be applied between two edges?
Which type of mate cannot be applied between two edges? The Perpendicular Mate will let you create angle mates of 90, 180, 270, or 360 degrees between selected entities. After making a Perpendicular Mate, moving one face will change the angle from 90 degrees.
What is a sub-assembly in Solidworks?
When an assembly is a component of another assembly, it is referred to as a subassembly. You can nest subassemblies in multiple levels, to reflect the hierarchy of your design.
What is sub-assembly example?
Assembly of aerospace vehicles at the prime contractor or systems integrator begins with the accumulation of subassemblies. An example of a typical subassembly for a transport aircraft is the rear fuselage section, which is itself composed of several segments.
What is the difference between assembly and sub-assembly?
1. A sub-assembly is just an assembly that is placed inside another assembly. 2. It all depends what you want to achieve – a fully accurate design model of a USB connector probably would be an assembly (and hence used as a sub-assembly in your larger design).
How do I move a fixed assembly in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do I change the position of a part in Solidworks?
To edit a position:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Mate Controller and click Edit Feature .
- In the PropertyManager, under Mates Positions, select Position 2 from the list. The components move to Position 2.
- Change the value of Distance1 from 30 to 60 . …
- Click Update Position . …
- Click .