How do you Unsuppress a flat pattern in Solidworks?
Right-click Flat-Pattern and select Unsuppress . Select Process-Bends and all of the features after it. Click Edit > Suppress > This Configuration to suppress all of the selected features.
How do you rotate a flat pattern?
With the flat pattern active, in the browser, right-click the node for the Flat Pattern, and then click Edit Flat Pattern Definition. In the Orientations table, right-click an orientation, and click Delete or click Rename, and then click Save. Click OK.
Why is surface flatten greyed out?
The reason for the “Flatten” icon being greyed out was because the sheet metal part had a “Flat Pattern” annotation view and this annotation view was active. By selecting another annotation view, the “Flatten” icon then becomes available again.
How do I flatten a bent part in Solidworks?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten. (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten. .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern. feature for the part and click Unsuppress. .
How do you show a flat pattern in Solidworks?
Creating Drawings of Flat Patterns
- Open the sheet metal part for which you want to add a drawing.
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. …
- Select a format or click OK to use the default format.
- From the View Palette, drag the Flat pattern to the drawing sheet. …
- Click .
What is flat pattern making?
A patternmaker typically employs one of two methods to create a pattern. The flat-pattern method is where the entire pattern is drafted on a flat surface from measurements, using rulers, curves and straight-edges. A pattern maker would also use various tools such as a notcher, drill and awl to mark the pattern.
How do you change to sheet metal in Solidworks?
To convert a solid part to a sheet metal part:
- Create the solid part.
- Click Convert to Sheet Metal (Sheet Metal toolbar) or Insert > Sheet Metal > Convert To Sheet Metal .
- In the PropertyManager, under Sheet Metal Gauges, set options if you want to use a gauge table: …
- Under Sheet Metal Parameters:
How do I edit a flat pattern in Inventor?
In the browser for a model flat pattern, right-click the flat pattern browser node, and then click Edit Flat Pattern Definition.
What is flat pattern in sheet metal?
Use a flat pattern, which is the shape of the sheet metal part before it is formed, to create drawings for manufacturing. Flat patterns show bend lines, bend zones, punch locations, and the shape of the entire part with all bends flattened and bend factors considered.