Where are AutoCAD workspace files saved?
NOTE: For different AutoCAD based products CUIX files are stored in various locations, for example: For AutoCAD in C:Users\AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD XXXXRXX\Support. For Civil 3D in C:Users\AppDataRoamingAutodeskC3D XXXX\Support.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.
How do I download Acad CUIx files?
The easiest way to locate acad. cuix is to copy and paste its path from the Support File Search Path. In the Options dialog box, select the Files tab.
What is CUI file in AutoCAD?
The Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor allows you to modify many of the user interface elements that are used to start a command in the program. Customizing the user interface allows you to change the placement of the tools that you commonly use, and to add new tools that can improve your productivity.
How do you import a workspace?
To import a workspace
- On the Home page, on the left panel, clickImport Workspace. In the opened dialog, select the desired workspace file and click Open.
- In Windows File Explorer, double-click the workspace file.
How do I import to AutoCAD?
Do the following from within AutoCAD:
- Type IMPORT in the command line.
- Locate the folder containing the STEP file.
- Select the file and click OK.
- A window might pop up indicating that the import process is working in the background.
How do I save my AutoCAD settings?
To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following:
- On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.
- In Options under the Profile tab, verify the correct profile is enabled.
How do I save my AutoCAD profile?
Save a Profile
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, click Add to List.
- In the Add Profiles dialog box, enter a Profile name and Description.
- Click Apply & Close to record the current option settings in the system registry and close the dialog box.
How do I save workspace?
To save all of the workspace variables using the Workspace browser, From the File menu, select Save Workspace As, or click the Save button in the Workspace browser toolbar.
How do I change the working space in AutoCAD?
Set a Workspace Current
- Click Manage tab Customization panel User Interface. Find.
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Workspaces node to expand it.
- Right-click the workspace you want to set current. Click Set Current.
- Click Apply.
How do I change my workspace in AutoCAD 2018?
Change Workspace Settings
- On the status bar, click Workspace Switching, and select Workspace Settings.
- In the Workspace Settings dialog box, change workspace settings as needed.
Where are CUIx files stored?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users\AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
How do I convert AutoCAD 2018 to classic view?
FAQ: Where is the AutoCAD Classic workspace?
- Click Tools menu > Workspaces > Save Current As.
- In the Save Workspace dialog box, in the Name box, type AutoCAD Classic.
- Click Save.
How do I download AutoCAD classic workspace?
From the Tools menu, select Toolbars > AutoCAD. Select a toolbar and dock it to the left or right. Select any other desired toolbars. Select Tools > Workspaces > Save Current As and save the workspace.