Can you extrude cut in assembly?
You can create extruded and revolved cut features in assemblies. To create an assembly feature cut: Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut.
Can you make parts in assembly solidworks?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.
How do you sketch a part in assembly in Solidworks?
To create a layout:
- Open a new assembly.
- In the Begin Assembly PropertyManager, click Create Layout. A 3D sketch opens, and Layout appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Create sketch entities and group related entities into blocks.
- Close the blocks and the sketch.
How do I create a new part in a Solidworks assembly?
Creating a Part in an Assembly
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- Enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ). …
- Construct the part features, using the same techniques you use to build a part on its own.
How do you extrude a sketch in Solidworks?
Click Convert to Extrusion (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Extrude, and click in the graphics area to establish the direction of the extrusion. The Base-Extrude PropertyManager appears. Edit the properties in the Base Extrude PropertyManager.
How do I make a cavity in SolidWorks?
To create a cavity in the mold base:
- Optional: Insert the design parts and the mold base into an interim assembly.
- In the assembly window, select the mold base, and click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity.
How do I cut an assembly in half in SolidWorks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do you extrude Assembly in Inventor?
Click 3D Model tab Create panel Extrude . If there is only one profile in the sketch, it is selected automatically. Otherwise, select a sketch profile. Select the face, work plane, or surface from which to start the extrusion.
How do you save an assembly as a part?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do you pull a part out of a Solidworks assembly?
To specify the export options: Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export. For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
What is layout in Solidworks assembly?
You can design an assembly from the top-down using layout sketches. You can construct one or more sketches showing where each assembly component belongs. Then, you can create and modify the design before you create any parts.
How do you edit a part in assembly in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
What is part assembly?
Part assemblies organize child parts and part subassemblies to define more complex parts, such as motors or engines. Consumable parts must be kit-enabled to add them to part assemblies. All rotable parts can be added to part assemblies.