How do I make a group in SketchUp?
To create a group, follow these steps:
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
How do I create a style in SketchUp?
In SketchUp for Web, you can create and customize styles by editing existing ones. To edit a Style (or create a new style), first, pick a Style from the Styles panel (in the right-hand utility tray). Then, next to the Style name and thumbnail, click the Edit icon.
What is the Array command in Autocad?
By: Apr 06 2022In-product view. Creates copies of objects arranged in a pattern. You can create copies of objects in a regularly spaced rectangular, polar, or path array.
How do you copy a group in SketchUp?
To tell SketchUp that you want to duplicate the selected entities, tap the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (macOS) key to toggle Copy functionality. A plus sign appears next to the four-way arrow cursor. Click the selected entities. A copy of your selection follows your cursor around in your model.
Can you do a polar array in SketchUp?
Use Rotate/Copy to do that. Select the edges you need to array, get the Rotate Tool and rotate them about the center to the next vertex. Hit Enter and then type X9 to make the additional 9 copies of the originals.
How do you mirror copy in SketchUp?
Tip: By combining the Copy and Flip Along commands, you can mirror geometry.
To flip your geometry, follow these steps:
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to flip.
- Context-click your selection and select Flip Along.
- In the submenu, select an axis.
How do I make an object follow a path in SketchUp?
Here’s how the manual method works:
- Identify the path for your extrusion.
- Draw a face or profile that you want to follow the path. …
- Select the Follow Me tool ( ).
- Click and drag the face that you created along the path. …
- Click to complete the Follow Me operation when you reach the end of the path.
How do I add plugins to SketchUp?
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- In SketchUp, select Extensions > Extension Manager. …
- Click the Install Extension button.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the . …
- When SketchUp warns you about installing only extensions from trusted sources, click Yes to proceed and install your extension.
How do you copy along a curve?
To copy a shape along a 3D Curve
- Select the desired shape to copy.
- Turn on the TriBall command (F10).
- Right-click and drag from the center point of the TriBall onto a 3D curve shape to copy along.
- In the resulting pop-up menu, select copy/link along the curve (Note: Link is not supported in Structured Parts).