How do I get rid of the Blue Origin in Solidworks?
A model origin appears in blue and a sketch origin appears in red . You can add dimensions and relations to the model origin, but not to a sketch origin. To change the origin display: Click View > Hide/Show > Origins .
Why is my line blue in Solidworks?
As you begin a sketch, you can drag the entities to change their shape or position. In this rectangle, the black left and bottom lines are fixed to the origin, but you can drag the top and right lines. Blue indicates that the entity is not fixed, and light blue indicates that the entity is selected.
How do I fix origin in Solidworks?
To change the origin location or orientation:
- Create blocks from several sketch entities.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Block. and select Edit Block. …
- Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
- In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Click .
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
What is the color of the origin found in your graphics area in Solidworks?
The model origin appears in blue and represents the (0,0,0) coordinate of the model. When a sketch is active, a sketch origin appears in red and represents the (0,0,0) coordinate of the sketch.
What is over defined in SOLIDWORKS?
Dimensions or relations are in conflict or are redundant. When you insert dimensions, they are assumed to be driving dimensions. To have two dimensions driving the same geometry is invalid. Over Defined Dimension Example. Over defined relations display the over defining sketch entities and relation callouts in yellow.
How do I change the display style in SOLIDWORKS?
Display Style Options
- Click Tools, Options, System Options, Drawings, Display Style.
- Choose from the following options, then click OK.
How do you make a blue sketch fully defined in SOLIDWORKS?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
How do I center a part in origin in Solidworks?
In a sketch, click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
How do I change the global coordinate system in Solidworks?
To translate a coordinate system to a new location:
- Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System .
- Define the coordinate system at a location on the part or assembly that provides the entities you need to control the angle and direction of each axis.
How do you hide an arrow in Solidworks?
You can select dimensions by clicking anywhere on the dimension, including dimension and extension lines and arrows.
To hide and show dimensions:
- Click Hide/Show Annotations. (Annotation toolbar)
- Click View > Hide/Show > Annotations.
- Right-click a dimension and select Hide to hide the dimension.
How do you remove an axis from a Solidworks drawing?
To turn the display of axes on or off: Click View > Hide/Show > Axes. Search ‘Turning the Display of Axes On or Off’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.